The holiday season is upon us. You were barely up from your turkey coma before Christmas decorations were out. Many homeowners wait to sell or, if they have their homes on the market, take it off the market, until after the holidays. If you are considering whether you should list your home now or wait until after the new year, keep reading. Here are some GREAT reasons to list NOW!
1. Staging Opportunities – Decorations and staging in one! Homes always look better during the holidays. So, put up the tree, string the lights, and put out the For Sale sign!
…but… what if someone wants to see our home in the middle of a family get-together?
2. Control the Show – You have ultimate control over showings and when agents and potential buyers can be in your home.
…but… there aren’t any buyers out there!
3. Serious inquiries only – You’re likely to get a buyer quickly who is READY to move in. Those just perusing the housing market are more likely to look during the spring market.
4. The Show Must Go On – Companies don’t stop working for the holidays, meaning relocations are still happening and relocation buyers are looking for a place like yours… NOW.
…and… last but not least, let’s talk about the financial aspect.
5. Inventory is down during this time of year, meaning competition is also down. Less competition means a better price for you.
So beat the spring market and give us a call!
*originally adapted from an article on keepingcurrentmatters.com
*all images from giphy.com