It’s that time of year again! It’s time to go above and beyond the weekly cleaning and do a thorough deep clean and organize! Here are some tips to help you get your home in shape.
- Dust Ceilings and Wash Walls: Clear those cobwebs out of hard-to-reach places and clean all the dirt and grime off the walls.
- Shampoo Carpets and Spot Treat Stains: Hire professionals to steam clean your carpets, or rent one for yourself. Make sure to check for stains you may have missed when they happened.
- Clean Window Treatments: Dust blinds and wash window coverings.
- Degrease Cooking Appliances: Remove any grease from cooking appliances.
- Wipe Out Cupboards and Drawers: Use soap to clean out the insides of cupboards and drawers.
- Defrost and Clean Fridge and Freezer: Empty out the fridge and freezer to give them both a good wipe down and defrost.
- Vacuum and Steam Clean Upholstery: Get rid of dust (and dust mites) that may be hiding in your furniture by vacuuming and steam cleaning them.
- Dust Electronics: Wipe down electronics and clean the screens, remembering to use a microfiber cloth.
- Polish Metal Hardware: Make all of the metal handles, knobs and pulls look like new by polishing them with a soft cloth and a liquid polish.
- Dust and Wax Wood Furniture: This cleans and protects your wood furniture.
- Wash Windows and Screens: Remove and wash window screens, and wash windows.
- Check Home Safety Equipment: Change the batteries in your smoke detector, and check fire extinguishers.
- Purge What You Don’t Need: Take a look in closets, storage rooms and kitchen cupboards for extra stuff you no longer use and get rid of it!
Contact the Finn Team for all of your real estate needs and questions.