It is only a few minutes down the hill to Lunken Airport which has a 6.6 mile running and bike trail, tennis courts, public golf, playground, and more. Otto Armleder is nearby, which claims to be the best free dog park on the East side!
The Mount Washington Water Tower, located on Campus Lane between Beechmont Avenue and Sutton Avenue, is a noted Art Deco landmark and is decorated top-to-bottom with lights every Christmas. Mount Washington is home to numerous small businesses, many of them located along Beechmont Avenue in the main neighborhood business district, “The Mount Washington Water Tower District”.
Mount Washington contains historic homes and distinctive architecture. Housing stock in the neighborhood is diverse, with values ranging from modest bungalows to million dollar estates. Wilaray Terrace, Honeysuckle Lane, and Honeysuckle Drive are lined with architect-designed homes, built from the 1920s to early 1960s. Other streets, such as Adena Trail, contain homes built throughout the later twentieth century. The Lower Salem area, located along Salem Avenue between Wayside and Kellogg Avenues, contains sprawling estates and large homes.
Three grade schools are located in Mount Washington:
- Sands Montessori, a magnet school now housed in a new building (2011).
- Mt. Washington Elementary School
- Guardian Angels School (6539 Beechmont Avenue, Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Cincinnati)
- McNicholas High School (Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Cincinnati) is also located in Mount Washington, across from Guardian Angels.
- Since Mt. Washington is within the City of Cincinnati limits, there are many other Cincinnati Public School options for grade school or high school. There are also many highly ranked private schools located within a 15 minute drive.
Many of our clients choose Mt. Washington because of the convenience to downtown, affordable housing, and nearby restaurants/parks/shops. ‘Area Vibes’ ranked Mt. Washington as “Very Livable” due in part to low cost of living, stable housing market, and high graduation rates.
We just listed a great brick ranch style home in Mount Washington this week and would love for you to check it out: http://cincy.rapmls.com/scripts/mgrqispi.dllAPPNAME=Cincynky&PRGNAME=MLSLogin&ARGUMENT=qqDYmco2OW%2F8AIhIZsMsrv9%2F82TsaUuncuo%2BMlVP%2FRc%3D&KeyRid=1
Here is a link to all home sales in Mount Washington for the past 60 days: Mount Washigton Sales past 60 days
Contact the Finn Team for more information on any Cincinnati neighborhoods or homes for sale: 513.560.6513